Dermatology Associates of Rochester
100 White Spruce Boulevard
Rochester, NY 14623
Phone: (585) 272-0700
Fax: (585) 272-8356
Mon–Fri: 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Our Rochester dermatology practice offers CoolSculpting for women and men who exercise and eat right but still can’t shed the stubborn fat that creates unwanted bulges. You know the areas–“muffin tops” and “love handles” are common treatment targets, along with the thighs and upper arms. Dermatology Associates of Rochester is the first certified CoolSculpting practice in the Rochester area, and we’ve performed more than 5,000 treatments. If you want the most qualified CoolSculpting provider in greater Rochester, request your consultation today using our online form, or call us at (585) 272-0700 to schedule an appointment.
No Needles, No Incisions
CoolSculpting is a completely non-invasive treatment that, unlike other nonsurgical body contouring procedures, requires virtually no downtime. Treatment times vary depending on the areas being targeted, but most of our patients can return to work or their normal daily activities immediately after leaving our office. Our team includes 7 certified CoolSculpting providers–including 5 who have completed the prestigious CoolSculpting University training.
Why Choose Us for CoolSculpting?
Our practice is established as the leading CoolSculpting provider in the Rochester area. We have:
- Performed CoolSculpting for more than 7 years and are the 1st certified CoolSculpting practice in the region.
- 3 CoolSculpting devices, which means we can treat multiple areas at the same time, allowing us to complete treatment of multiple areas in as little as 35 minutes.
- With a full range of CoolSculpting applicators, we can craft a treatment to meet your specific needs.
- Board-certified physicians supervising all treatments.
- Earned distinction as a preceptor site, with other practices across the U.S. sending providers here to learn CoolSculpting best practices.
- One of the nation's key opinion leaders on CoolSculpting, Dr. Josh Weitz.
CoolSculpting® Before & After Photos
Keep in mind that each patient is unique and your results may vary.
“Freezing” Away Fat
CoolSculpting works by lowering the temperature of fat cells until they begin to die. The controlled-cooling process is cleared by the FDA for non-surgical fat reduction and targets fat that resists diet and exercise. The CoolSculpting device uses a patented technology called Cryolipolysis® to target, freeze, and ultimately trigger the breakdown of fat cells. CoolSculpting works because fat cells naturally freeze at a higher temperature than other tissues, which means the procedure only impacts the targeted fat cells and is safe for surrounding skin, muscle, and other tissues. Once frozen, fat cells are broken down and removed from the body through its natural metabolic process.
Because the treatment is non-invasive, there’s no need for an anesthetic. Some patients say there’s a tingling sensation during the first few minutes of the procedure but experience no discomfort after that. In fact, many people scroll through their phone, read, or simply relax during the CoolSculpting procedure.
Who Can Benefit?
Ideal CoolSculpting candidates are already at or near their ideal weight but need help getting rid of stubborn bulges that make them self-conscious. CoolSculpting is not a weight loss procedure. It targets localized pockets of excess fat and is designed specifically to treat these areas:
- Under the chin
- Back (“bra bulge”)
Depending on the area of concern, some patients are better candidates for another procedure, such as KYBELLA®, which can reduce the look of a double chin. If your concern involves skin laxity around the chin and jawline rather than fat, Ultherapy® is a good non-surgical option. Patients concerned about cellulite benefit from Cellfina™ treatments. When you come in for your initial consultation at Dermatology Associates, your provider can help you decide if CoolSculpting is right for you.
Use our online form to request an appointment with our CoolSculpting expert today, who can help you decide if CoolSculpting is right for you.
What Areas Would You Love to Enhance?
- Under the Chin
- Male Chest
- Back Fat
- Upper Arms
- Bra Fat
- Upper Abdomen
- Lower Abdomen
- Inner Thights
- Outer Thights
- Banana Roll
- Above the Knees
- Inner Knee
Our providers can customize your CoolSculpting treatment to address specific concerns using applicators designed to fit different areas of the body. When treating the abdomen, for example, the applicator uses vacuum pressure to draw tissue between cooling panels. In areas where there is less skin, such as the inner and outer thighs, we attach the applicator to the treatment areas. Other specially designed applicators include:
- CoolAdvantage™: Ideal for the abdomen, flanks, and inner things, the CoolAdvantage applicator offers versatility, increased comfort, and shortened treatment times.
- CoolAdvantage Plus™: Larger areas, especially around the abdomen, can best be treated with the CoolAdvantage Plus applicator.
- CoolMini™: This applicator fits snugly under the chin to reduce the fat that causes the appearance of a double chin.
- CoolAdvantage Petite™: Excess fat in the upper arms–sometimes referred to as “bat wings”–can be reduced using the Petite applicator. This is one of our patients’ most common areas of concern, and Dermatology Associates was the first practice in Upstate New York to offer the latest CoolSculpting applicator.
Whatever applicator we use, the CoolSculpting process itself remains the same.
Immediately after your appointment it’s normal for the treatment area to appear red and slightly swollen. Some lingering soreness is also expected, but not enough to interrupt your daily activities. Because the fat cells die over time, it typically takes several weeks to a few months to see complete results. In some cases, patients can benefit from a second CoolSculpting treatment to reach their goals.
The best way to know if CoolSculpting is right for you is to request a consultation using the simple online form or call our office at (585) 272-0700 to schedule an appointment.