There’s more to cosmetic procedures than just plastic surgery. Thanks to modern medicine, patients can choose from a variety of treatments—many of which don’t require going under the knife. This trend towards quick, nonsurgical options has given rise to the term “tweakments.” These smaller, less invasive treatments “tweak” the target area and give patients subtle, yet transformational results.
From CoolSculpting® Elite sessions to lip injections, our cosmetic dermatology practice in Rochester, NY, offers many popular choices. Interested in a less-invasive way to boost your beauty routine? Here are a few signs that tweakments may be right for you.
What exactly are tweakments?
The term “tweakment” doesn’t have a specific definition. In general, it is a catch-all term for cosmetic procedures that are more understated and less invasive. Dermal fillers, laser treatments, and CoolSculpting Elite all fall within this category. These procedures can smooth out wrinkles or sculpt away fat without the need for traditional surgery and significant recovery periods.
Overall, tweakments can be broken down into 2 main categories:
- Non-invasive: Procedures that are performed on the outside of the body and don’t break the skin. This category includes treatments such as Halo, Ultherapy, chemical peels, lasers, and CoolSculpting Elite.
- Procedures that break the skin: Treatments that temporarily break the skin when the product is administered. This group includes injectables such as BOTOX®, Dysport®, and KYBELLA®. We offer more information about differences between injectables in this related blog post.
Both treatment categories require minimal recovery time while still delivering noticeable results. Many patients gravitate toward these options over surgical alternatives.
The benefits of tweakments
People who want to avoid cosmetic surgery can truly benefit from nonsurgical procedures. A few great perks include:
- More affordable: Nonsurgical treatments typically start at a much lower price than other procedures. This affordability makes tweakments an excellent option for those who are new to the cosmetic beauty world and who want to minimize their investment.
- Less complicated: Traditional surgery requires active preparation and extensive downtime. Tweakments can give patients real results without the need for anesthetic, incisions, or a long recovery. You can read about 8 simple, uncomplicated nonsurgical tweakments in this Byrdie article.
- Great for men: Nonsurgical treatments offer notable but subtle results in little time. This works perfectly for men who want to look like a younger, more polished version of themselves. CoolSculpting Elite is a popular option as it can help slim down a “beer belly” and other problematic areas. We are the first practice in Rochester to offer CoolSculpting’s latest advanced body contouring technology.
- Easy to customize: Tweakments provide more flexibility and customizable options. Men and women can combine different treatments (such as BOTOX with dermal fillers or CoolSculpting with KYBELLA) to achieve more dramatic anti-aging results.
You can see one of our patient’s results in a recent Instagram post.
Dermal fillers, CoolSculpting Elite, and other tweakments are popular with our Rochester, NY, patients who want flattering, natural-looking results. That popularity is understandable; nonsurgical procedures are great for people who want to improve the appearance of their skin without the hassle of surgery.
If you’re interested in what these procedures can do for you, please request a virtual consultation online. You can also call our DermaSpa at (585) 272-9346.
Leave a Reply